Greetings valued OPTIMA Patients!
Our team would like to thank you for your continued support and prayers during these uncertain times. One thing we are certain of is “This too shall pass”.
We understand that hormone decline results in extreme, often debilitating, emotional disturbances for many of our patients, and continuing therapy is vital during this time.
However, given the fluid nature of the situation we will be making the following changes within OPTIMA:
- We will remain open Monday – Thursday 9am-3pm (CLOSED FRIDAYS) for essential face to face appointments and expand our current appointment times to ensure there are no backups in the waiting rooms, our goal is to serve one patient at a time, with no more than 2 patients at the clinic at a time. Please do not bring anyone with you to your appointment that isn’t receiving pellet treatment/lab.
- We will continue to put you in a room as quickly as possible and please avoid contact with other patients in the waiting areas. You may request to pay your bill in the treatment room as well.
- We will move all lab reviews and general office visits that do not involve or need a face to face meeting to a virtual appointment via telephone.
- We will continue to request all patients who fall within the CDC guidelines of potential viral illness to remain home:
- Mild-moderate symptoms: low-grade fever and/or cough, sore throat, congestion within 72 hours must reschedule.
- Any known exposure to viral illness in the past week must reschedule.
- We will not allow any staff to work who have had exposure risk or who may present with symptoms of any illness.
- We will continue to go above and beyond diligent in complying with the CDC mandated infection control measures.
- Please be sure to CALL ASAP to cancel any appointment you cannot attend.
- Also, please be sure to CALL to be sure we are open if you don’t have an appointment. There is no doubt our hours will be changing.
We request any patient that may have recently traveled to high-risk areas or experience viral illness symptoms respectfully call us to reschedule your appointment. Click the link below for details of travel precautions.
In the meantime, understand a great OFFENSE is your immune systems best DEFENSE. The following suggestions to boost your bodies defense mechanisms have been shown in recent studies to be very promising against worsening coronavirus.
- Increase your vitamin C intake to 4 grams (4000mg) daily
- Increase melatonin intake to 5-50 mg a day.
- Ensure adequate vitamin D3 intake with vitamins A, K and magnesium for maximum absorption. A minimum of 10,000 iu a day D3 for adults is essential, up to 50,000 if you are ill.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
All aesthetic specials will be honored in the future! We will have some great deals when this is all over.
Blessings and prayers for you and your family’s health and total wellness,
Joleen Lake APRN and the entire OPTIMA Medical Hormone Replacement Team